Kpow v91.3 is a minor release that introduces new Schema and Connect features and resolves a number of small issues.
Improved Schema Configurability
This release introduces new configuration options for Schema Registry, including:
- New environment variables when connecting to Schema Registry with Oauth2
- AWS Glue static credentials for authentication
- AWS Glue cross-account AWS access (STS Assume Role support)
See our Schema Registry configuration documentation for more.
Improved Prometheus Reporting
Kpow now provides richer prometheus metrics for consumer groups:
The existing metrics endpoint now returns
group.host.count gauges for each consumer group
This new endpoint returns information about every individual group member assignment, including offset, offset-delta, last-read, and first-observed.
Improved Connector Creation
You can now create a connector in Kpow from JSON input, the same as you would post to the Connect REST endpoint.
- Introduce Kafka Connect JSON import dialog and form integration
- Introduce Prometheus group.member.count and group.host.count metrics
- Introduce Prometheus /group-offsets/v1 endpoint for group assignment offset metrics
- Improve schema registry AWS configurability with static and STS credentials
- Improve schema registry Oauth2 configurability with new parameters
- Improve Kafka Connect validation with CONNECT_STARTUP_VALIDATION (default: true)
- Fix auth regression bug, admin_roles considered authorized_roles
- Fix stages scheduled mutations misfire bug
- Fix PERSISTENCE_MODE=none when running in a multi-cluster environment
- Fix several minor UI bugs
- Bump to Slipway 1.1.6, latest Jetty dependencies
See the full Kpow Changelog.
Get this release on Dockerhub, on the AWS Marketplace, on ArtifactHub (Helm Charts), or Download as a JAR File.
Pull the latest Kpow Docker Container
docker pull factorhouse/kpow-ee:91.3
Download the Kpow Java 11+ JAR
Download the Kpow Java 8 JAR