Kpow v88.6 brings Protobuf support for AWS Glue, easy configuration of JSON application logs, improved orphan schema detection, a JDK17 docker image, and improves integration with both Confluent Cloud and Confluent Schema Registry.
See the full Kpow Changelog: https://github.com/operatr-io/kpow/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md
JDK17 Docker Image
Recently we discovered an issue with Amazon Corretto 11 that impacts memory management in a containerised environment. Although this issue will be resolved shortly, we have also expedited our plans to move to JDK17.
We provide a Corretto 17 container image of Kpow tagged with
jdk17 in Dockerhub. In a later release we will adopt Corretto 17 as our standard base image.
AWS Glue Protobuf Support
Kpow now supports Protobuf schema in AWS Glue.
JSON Application Logs
Switch to JSON application logs by setting the environment variable:
Orphan Schema Detection
Kpow has an improved UX for orphan schema detection and deletion.
- Support Protobuf format with AWS Glue Schema Registry
- Support configurable JSON logging with LOG_FORMAT env variable
- Support previous 24hr search windown in Data Inspect
- Support JDK17 with new -jdk17 Docker tag
- Improve orphan schema detection and deletion
- Improve Confluent Cloud Metrics API integration
- Mute redundant INFO logging by Confluent Schema Registry
Pull the latest Kpow Docker Container
docker pull operatr/kpow:88.6
Download the latest Kpow Java JAR
Download the Kpow Java 8 JAR (uses Jetty 9, we recommend updating to Java 11+ and using our standard JAR)